- We create business information that is clear, accurate, complete and in accordance with applicable policies, laws, accounting rules and practices.
- We ensure that business information accurately reflects the underlying transaction or event.
- We correctly classify the type and sensitivity of our information to ensure appropriate information security protection is applied.
- We do not falsify, alter, destroy or tamper with business information to misrepresent or conceal a transaction or event.
- We treat Albemarle’s business information with care and take appropriate steps to protect it from unauthorized access or disclosure.
- We do not disclose Albemarle business information to other employees, contractors or third parties unless authorized to do so.
- We do not use Albemarle’s business information for personal benefit.
Our Code Principles in Action
- Prepare strategic documents that analyse Albemarle’s markets, or our competitors, in accordance with the Guidance on Preparing Strategic Documents. Assume that everything you write, no matter how confidential or personal, may be disclosed in an investigation or legal proceeding.
- Follow the Code (Gathering Competitive Intelligence) when gathering information from third parties and using it in business information.
- Classify the type and sensitivity of business information you create or receive in accordance with the Global Information Management Policy.
- Manage and retain business information in accordance with the Document Retention Policy.
- Follow the procedures in a laboratory notebook, if such a notebook is issued to you.
- Ensure business and financial transactions are correctly recorded in accordance with this Code (Recording Business & Financial Transactions).
- Manage personal data in accordance with this Code (Managing Personal Data) and the Albemarle Employee Personal Data Protection Policy.
- Return all business information prior to leaving the Company.
- Obtain authorization in accordance with the Global Information Security Policy before transmitting confidential information, crown jewel information or personal data to third parties.
- Comply with non-disclosure agreements, both during and after employment, that are signed with the Company, your former employer or other third parties.
- Preserve business information and communications if you are instructed to do so by the Legal Department.
- In accordance with this Code (Speaking Up), immediately report any business information that you suspect has been falsified, altered, destroyed or tampered with.
- In accordance with the Data Breach Procedure immediately report all inappropriate, accidental or unauthorized disclosure, access or use of personal data or Albemarle business information to email@example.com
- Secure confidential information or personal data in accordance with the Global Information Security Policy.