- We comply with all applicable data privacy laws.
- We collect, process, store, use, retain, transfer and delete personal data:
- only when there is a legitimate business or legal need;
- when we are appropriately authorized;
- accurately, adequately, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- We treat personal data with care and take steps to ensure that it is secure and protected.
- We only retain personal data for as long as it is necessary, and for the purpose for which the data was collected.
- We only share personal data with others when there is a legitimate business or legal need to do so, they are authorized to receive it and we take steps to ensure they understand the importance of protecting that data.
- We prohibit the use of personal data of others for personal purposes, for the commercial benefit of anyone other than Albemarle or in any other inappropriate way.
- We take appropriate steps to ensure that the transfer of personal data, especially between countries, is legal and secure.
- We take measures to ensure that third parties who collect, process or use personal data on our behalf do so in accordance with applicable laws and Albemarle’s Code of Conduct for Business Partners.
- We respond promptly and appropriately to requests from our employees and others to review, update, correct or delete their personal data.
- We report any suspected theft, accidental loss or unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of personal data as required by law.
Our Code Principles in Action
- Ensure your own personal data in Workday is up to date so that you or your family can be contacted in an emergency.
- Consult the Legal Department or Global Ethics & Compliance if you are unsure as to whether data could be considered personal data.
- Classify any document containing personal data as containing such data in accordance with the Global Information Management Policy.
- Refer to the Albemarle Employee Personal Data Protection Policy, or contact the Chief Data Privacy Officer, if you have questions about how your personal data is managed by the Company.
- Contact the Chief Data Privacy Officer if you are unsure how to collect, process, store, use, retain, transfer or delete personal data of others.
- Consult with the Legal Department at an early stage in the selection process if a prospective vendor will or may process personal data on our behalf;
- Immediately report all actual, suspected or attempted personal data breaches by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not investigate data breaches yourself.