Our business performance is dependent on the appropriate use, protection and care of the Company’s assets and resources.
- We use Company assets and resources carefully, efficiently and for their intended business purpose.
- We spend Albemarle’s funds with diligence, the appropriate authorization and within budget.
- We do not use or dispose of Company assets or resources for personal gain.
- We limit our personal use of Company assets and resources and ensure such use does not interfere with our work.
- We do not permit unauthorized access to Albemarle sites or systems.
- We take appropriate precautions to prevent damage, misuse or theft of Company assets and resources.
- We respond appropriately and safely to any perceived risks or threats to Company assets and resources.
Our Code Principles in Action
- Obtain supervisor approval before destroying, selling, lending or donating Company assets and resources, and document such activity where required.
- Follow the Code (Offering or Accepting Gifts & Hospitality) if the donation or provision of Albemarle assets or resources to a third-party could be considered something of value to the third- party.
- Obtain supervisor approval before providing company assets, or access to such assets, to contractors, vendors and other business partners.
- Do not provide your security pass, your computer user account password or other security credentials to another Albemarle employee or third-party.
- Immediately report any theft, unauthorized destruction, inappropriate use or perceived threat to Albemarle assets or resources to your supervisor, site security or the police.
- Use IT and communication systems in accordance with this Code (Using Company IT & Communications Systems) and the Global Information Security Policy.
- Purchase goods and services in accordance with this Code (Selecting and Managing Vendors) and the Global Procurement Policy.
- Incur and record business expenses in accordance with this Code (Managing your Business Expenses) and the Anti-Corruption Policy.
- Ensure contractors, vendors and other business partners are aware of their responsibilities under the Albemarle Business Partner Code of Conduct in relation to their use of company assets and resources.
- Return all Company assets and resources prior to leaving the Company.