Albemarle’s computer hardware, software and phones must be used appropriately to prevent unauthorized access to our IT and communications systems or inappropriate disclosure of Albemarle information.
- We use the Company’s computers, software and devices responsibly and securely, and in accordance with applicable policies and laws.
- We limit personal use of Company computers, software and devices, and ensure such use does not affect our IT systems or interfere with our work.
- We do not use personal email accounts or social media applications for proprietary or sensitive worked-related communication.
- We do not download or install new software on Company computers or devices without authorization and an appropriate license.
- We do not disable virus software or attempt to remove viruses ourselves.
- We do not modify, duplicate or sell software on Company computers or devices without authorization.
- We do not attach unauthorized devices to Company computers, devices or networks.
- We do not use Company computers or devices to access or share inappropriate, offensive or illegal material.
- We respect the privacy of our colleagues, and do not access, intercept or disclose the communications of others without authorization.
- We do not disclose information about Albemarle’s information system controls to any other employee or third-party who is unauthorized to receive it.
- We immediately report known, suspected or imminent access to our IT and communications systems that is unauthorized.
Albemarle’s computer hardware, software, phones, tablets and the data stored on them, and business-related data stored on employee’s own phones, are Company assets and resources. To protect the Company, and our employees, we monitor the use of our IT and communications systems and may access, preserve, review and delete business-related data in accordance with applicable policies and laws. Employees consent to permit all information they store or transmit on Albemarle’s information systems to be monitored and accessed by authorized Albemarle personnel, and disclosed to law enforcement authorities.
Our Code Principles in Action
- Follow the Global Information Security Policy, to ensure Albemarle’s information and technology are protected.
- Only approved software shall be installed on an end user’s computer, through an appropriate IT request, with supervisor approval.
- Obtain supervisor approval before providing Company assets, including IT and communications systems, to contractors, vendors and other business partners.
- Follow the Company Owned Device Policy if you use a corporate mobile phone.
- Obtain authorization in accordance with the Bring Your Own Device Policy to use your personal mobile phone for Company business.
- Obtain authorization in accordance with the Global Information Security Policy if you would like to take Company IT & communications hardware, other than laptops or mobile phones, off-site.
- Follow the Internet Access & Use Policy.
- Immediately contact IT if you believe you have been the victim of a virus, or other malicious software.
- Obtain authorization in accordance with the Global Information Security Policy before transmitting confidential information, crown jewel information or personal data to third parties.
- Return all Company IT & communication systems hardware, software or media to IT if it is no longer working, no longer needed or if you are leaving the Company.
- Only use your Company email account for conducting Company business.